In this episode we talk about:
- Nikki’s definition of the label “Type A”
- How her perfectionism & high standards impact her work
- The way Nikki is utilizing her skills on all of her different projects & how she is monetizing those skills
- How she recognized her musical talent & how her music skills have developed over time
- The mystery surrounding making money with music
- The importance of building relationships with others who are on the path that you want to be on
- Nikki’s creative health & how she has been working on it over the past year
- Her personal background and where she first developed a love of music
- When she began playing instruments
- The source of her courage
- The importance of creating things just for yourself & not always in service of others
- Nikki’s EP & what the process to creating it has been
- How her physical location impacts her creativity & her work
- Her wishes, hopes, & intentions as she enters into a creative season with her music
- What Nikki would name her left brain
- Her alter ego Kin
Mentioned In This Episode:
Nikki loves words. Which is great because she gets to spend a LOT of time with them. When she’s not writing and branding for her healing professional clients, she’s producing and performing music as an artist named KIN.
Connect with Nikki:
About The Type A Creative Podcast:
The Type A Creative is for those of us who feel like walking juxtapositions. You know who you are. You can balance spreadsheets just as easily as you can design a logo. Sometimes it’s a little disorienting because you’re a left-brain / right-brain blend that doesn’t always fit into the labels of “artist” or “numbers person.”
On the show we bring in fellow bosses, painters, creative directors, film makers, entrepreneurs, and writers — together we’re having conversations about what it is to be both Type A and Creative.
Don’t forget to rate & review The Type A Creative on iTunes!