In this episode we talk about:
- What comes to mind when Natalie hears the label “Type A”
- How the desire to make waves & color outside of the lines can be such powerful forces to bring about change
- The Rising Tide Society community & Tuesdays Together
- The mindset of “community over competition”
- Natalie’s background & how she became a visionary at a very young age
- How asking for permission holds you back professionally & personally
- The rebellious act of being creative
- Some of the landmines that Natalie has experienced throughout her journey
- Her belief that the best leaders are not perfect but that they have integrity
- The power of stepping outside of your comfort zone
- How to instill the values into a community
- The importance of owning up to the mistakes that you make and how that creates trust within your community or organization
- How they approached scaling & monetizing Rising Tide Society
- Why we should be confident in asking for what we need
- Rising Tide Society’s experience merging with Honeybook
- What Natalie would name her left brain
Mentioned In This Episode:
Natalie Franke is the CoFounder of the Rising Tide Society, a community of over 75,000 creative entrepreneurs who gather monthly in 400 cities around the world. She is also the Head of Community at HoneyBook, a proactive CRM platform for small business owners.
Connect with Natalie:
About The Type A Creative Podcast:
The Type A Creative is for those of us who feel like walking juxtapositions. You know who you are. You can balance spreadsheets just as easily as you can design a logo. Sometimes it’s a little disorienting because you’re a left-brain / right-brain blend that doesn’t always fit into the labels of “artist” or “numbers person.”
On the show we bring in fellow bosses, painters, creative directors, film makers, entrepreneurs, and writers — together we’re having conversations about what it is to be both Type A and Creative.
Don’t forget to rate & review The Type A Creative on iTunes!