In this episode we talk about:
- Creative State of the Union: we check in with BFFs Emily Holmes and Jackie Dodson to talk about what we are working on creatively, where we are stuck, and the projects we wish we were working on.
- Creative Diet: we share things creative things that we are consuming that are inspiring us in our creative practice.
- Goal Setting + Accountability: we each choose 1 thing we can creatively work on for the next few weeks, and you can choose to be accountable right along with us.
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Supermarket Sweep
- Creative Sunday Lab
- Type A Creative Episode with Melissa Dinwiddie
- Bob Ross Painting Video
- Bevi, The Smart Water Cooler
- Bee and PuppyCat
- Michelle Rial
- No Way Home by Tyler Wetherall
- Book Club Facebook Group
- Invisibilia Episode – The Personality Myth
- Kris Carr’s Meditation Album
- The Enneagram Institute
- Type A Creative Episode with Becky Simpson
- Your Enneagram Coach with Beth McCord
- Type A Creative Facebook Group
About Jackie Dodson:
Jackie is a career Accountant who has recently discovered her inner-artist (or as we like to call it, she’s a surprise artist). Her journey of self-discovery has been an invitation to embrace her true, beautiful self.
She has worked as a Finance Specialist for Cru for 9 years and became a CPA in 2011. In 2017 she started Letter Loving Designs, a shop where she sells her beautiful hand-lettered objects as well as teaching hand-lettering workshops so others can learn to be creative too.
She loves to laugh and will do almost anything for Oreos and ice cream. Jackie lives in Orlando FL with her husband, John, and 3 kids – Olivia (5), JT (3) and Ethan (2).
Connect with Jackie:
About Emily Holmes:
Emily Holmes is a writer, knitter, and comedian. She’s spent years perfecting the art of putting on makeup, creating the most delectable dishes for a dinner party, and curating a living room full of curiosities that would inspire the most avid of collectors.
When she’s not making other people laugh, she’s scheming her next project to use her creative skills for good while snuggling with her gigantic dog Lily.
Connect with Emily:
About The Type A Creative Podcast:
The Type A Creative is for those of us who feel like walking juxtapositions. You know who you are. You can balance spreadsheets just as easily as you can design a logo. Sometimes it’s a little disorienting because you’re a left-brain / right-brain blend that doesn’t always fit into the labels of “artist” or “numbers person.”
On the show we bring in fellow bosses, painters, creative directors, film makers, entrepreneurs, and writers — together we’re having conversations about what it is to be both Type A and Creative.
Don’t forget to rate & review The Type A Creative on iTunes!