In this episode we talk about:
- Arsena shares about her work & what she does
- What it is like for Arsena to be Type A & creative
- How she found The Type A Creative podcast
- Arsena’s background & where she first discovered her love for music
- When Arsena realized that she could be a professional musician
- What made her walk away from graduate school
- How to determine “the thing” you should pursue in life
- What made Arsena get on stage the first time & how it felt sharing her music with others for the first time
- The difference between performing for yourself & performing for others
- How she develops her craft & manages the balance between creating just for herself and creating to make money
- Her first album “For my Artist Child”
- How she has changed as an artist from her first album to her most recent album “Sleep Talking”
- Her experience assembling a team & who the people that she looks for
- The danger of people pleasing especially as a Type A
- The importance of weeding through the things that are not for you so that you can give your attention to the things that you need to focus on
- Her company, Dear Soul Music Company
- What she has learned about branding herself as an artist
- What Arsena’s income blend looks like and how she supports herself
- The intention Arsena has attached to the release of her new album “Sleep Talking”
- What she would name her left brain
Mentioned In This Episode:
Breedlove Guitars endorsed, Arsena Schroeder is an American soul artist with R&B, Pop, & Gospel influences. Based out of Charlotte, NC, this multi-talented singer-songwriter is known for her acoustic-driven tunes.
Having released her debut album “For My Artist Child” (2014), Schroeder has accomplished much in her six years touring as a full-time performing artist. This list includes but is not limited to performing internationally in Prague, Czech Republic, joining the Breedlove Guitars Artist Roster, and winning over hearts with a standing ovation from Michael Jordan at The Time Warner Cable (now known as Spectrum) Arena.
Schroeder originally from Pittsburgh, PA has impressed her way into the hearts of the regional and national scene.
Recently, Schroeder launched the Dear Soul Music Company, LLC (2017). This company provides resources for independent artists -workshops, consultations, and live shows. WSGE/NPR says, “We applaud her entrepreneurial spirit. She is definitely about getting things done”. Dear Soul Music Company was recently awarded two grants in support of songwriting workshops and a summer concert series. She is scheduled to release her successfully crowdfunded sophomore album, Sleep Talking, September 22, 2018.
Connect with Arsena:
About The Type A Creative Podcast:
The Type A Creative is for those of us who feel like walking juxtapositions. You know who you are. You can balance spreadsheets just as easily as you can design a logo. Sometimes it’s a little disorienting because you’re a left-brain / right-brain blend that doesn’t always fit into the labels of “artist” or “numbers person.”
On the show we bring in fellow bosses, painters, creative directors, film makers, entrepreneurs, and writers — together we’re having conversations about what it is to be both Type A and Creative.
Don’t forget to rate & review The Type A Creative on iTunes!